Rostock, bus ...
Rostock (54° 5′ N, 12° 8′ O) is situated in north germany at the baltic sea.
WeatherThe temperature in October is usually around 10 to 20 degrees, it may be relatively windy.
The local airport (Rostock-Laage) is pretty small, thus we list the airports nearby as well - including the not so nearby Frankfurt airport - because there is a relatively fast train connection.
- Rostock-Laage (bus shuttle [~35 min], train, taxi)
- Berlin (Schönefeld, Tegel, Tempelhof) (plus train [~3-4 h])
- Hamburg (plus bus [~45 min] + train [~2-3 h])
- Lübeck (plus bus [~30 min] + train [~2 h])
- Frankfurt am Main (plus train [~5,5-7 h])
- motorway A20 (from Hamburg)
- motorway A24+A19 (from Berlin)
- motorway A11+A20 (from Szczecin)
Rostock (Warnemünde) can be easily reached by train. There are direct trains from (at least) Berlin and Hamburg, starting approx. every two hours.
There is a direct train route to Warnemünde (S-Bahn). It is usually a ~20 min ride. If you arrive by train directly book your ticket with "Warnemünde" as final station. There are ticket machines at the main station as well - you need a "Einzelfahrschein" (single trip ticket) which costs approx. 1,70 EURO.
From the main train station in Rostock trams (underground level),
trains and busses (exit "Südstadt") are available for reaching your
targets/hotels [see train and local transportation sections].
Taxis are waiting outside the building (both sides, but fewer on side
Rostock trams and busses
Rostock transport network) Guide
- S-Bahn (operated by the german railway)
- Click here (if loaded click on "Suchen")
If you've got additonal questions you can contact us at cmsb08(at)uni-rostock.de.