eLearning Baltics 2010
Third International eLearning Baltics Conference and Congress
The 3rd international conference »eLearning Baltics« (eLBa) 2010 will again bring together researchers, practitioners and scientists, people using eLearning products and services as well as people producing them.
eLBa 2010 will cover different aspects of teaching and learning with digital media in various settings such as classroom, university, workplace, home or mobile environments. It will address diverse topics and perspectives, technologies and theories, implementations and evaluations of eLearning from the fields of computer science, pedagogy, psychology and design. Accordingly, we invite experts from all these fields to contribute to eLBa 2010.
Same as the previous conferences, eLBa 2010 consists of three parts:
- eLBa Business: business congress and user forum,
- eLBa Science: an international scientific conference,
- eLBa Exhibition: an accompanying exhibition for eLearning products and services.
This call for paper is for eLBa Science 2010 which will be organized in two tracks:
- Track 1 »eLearning Concepts, Technologies and Methodologies« (English),
- Track 2 »eLearning Didaktik« (German).
Contributions to eLBa Science 2010 must be submitted as extended abstracts in English or German language. Accepted submissions have to be presented by at least one author at eLBa 2010 in Rostock and will be published in the conference proceedings. The eLBa Science - International Scientific e-Learning Conference is supported by »Gesellschaft für Informatik« (GI), the German network of professionals teaching, researching or working in computer science, and by the German Chapter of ACM.
Track 1 »eLearning Concepts, Technologies and Methodologies« will be held in English language. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- eLearning: Concepts, Technologies, and Methodologies,
- Virtual Class Rooms and Virtual Universities,
- Location and Context Aware Learning and Training,
- Virtual and Augmented Reality in Learning and Training,
- Game Based Learning: Teaching, Learning, and Gaming,
- Workplace Learning: Working, Collaborating, and Learning,
- Social Networks in Learning and Training,
- Learner Motivation and Assessment in E-Learning,
- Mobile Learning, Self-directed and Cooperative Learning.
Track 2 »eLearning Didaktik« will be held in German language. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Lernen und Lehren mit digitalen Medien,
- Innovative didaktische und methodische Ansätze,
- Didaktische Konzepte für eLearning in Kita, Schule und Hochschule,
- Didaktische Konzepte für das Lernen im Prozess der Arbeit,
- eLearning für Schüler, Studenten und Wissensarbeiter,
- eLearning für Senioren und Menschen mit speziellen Bedürfnissen,
- Evaluationsansätze und Evaluationsergebnisse,
- Didaktische Szenarien für selbstgesteuertes und kooperatives Lernen.
We invite submissions presenting original academic
or industrial research. Please submit an extended abstract of at least 3
pages (shorter abstracts will be rejected) via EasyChair until February
21, 2010. All abstracts must be rendered anonymous to facilitate
blind review. They will be peer-reviewed and selected according to
reviewer recommendations. We expect camera-ready papers of 8 to 10 pages
by May 10, 2010. Presentations have to be held at the conference in
More information and programm is available at the eLBa website.