New JAMES II release
JAMES II 0.8.6 alpha
JAMES II release (0.8.6)
A new official release of JAMES II is available for download now.
You can get your copy from here.
!! This is a preview and alpha release !!
II is an open modeling and simulation framework based on a flexible,
plug-in based architecture. In principal you should be able to use
JAMES II as base for all your modeling and simulation jobs. The
framework can be extended by any modeling formalism, simulation
algorithm, and auxiliary algorithms required for the application of
modeling and simulation, and for modeling and
simulation research. It might be reused as is or you can integrate
(parts of) the functionality JAMES II provides in your application.
However, the current release is just a preview, and thus contains restricted, and partially preliminary functionality.
published this release we start working on our additional (already
existing) plug-ins to be able to release them as soon as possible as
We hope that you enjoy JAMES II, and we'd like to get
any type of feedback. If you have questions don't hesitate to send us
If you'd like to get informed about upcoming releases please send an e-mail to "info@" our domain "jamesii . org" with subject SUBSCRIBE.
Most import changes
Bug fixes and source improvements.
Currently includedThis official release contains only a small sub set of the functionality already available - the part we had been able to prepare for this release.
- the core
- cellular automata formalism + tutorial + simulation algorithms
- DEVS formalism and a simulation algorithm
- basic SR (Species and reactions) modeling and simulation means
- PDEVS formalism and simulation algorithms
- PdynDEVS formalism and a simulation algorithm
- SpacePi formalism and a simulation algorithm
- StoPi formalism and a simulation algorithm
- data sink
- random number test suite
- simple agent testbed (model + simulator) for teaching purposes (WumpusWorld)
a more detailed description can be found on the release page
... not included
- extended event queues
- other modeling formalisms / languages, and their simulation algorithms
The next release will contain more, and improved functionality. It is currently scheduled for the end of the second quarter of 2012.
Note: this release is still an "alpha" version.